Canine Consulting & TRAINING CENTER
Caring Consulting for Canine Concerns
WHO'S REALLY IN CHARGE AT YOUR
Jennifer McGregor Kesner
little quiz to help you determine where you stand, sit or lie!
copies of this for ALL members of your household to complete - interesting
- Is your dog allowed on furniture (even ONE piece counts as a YES)?
- Do humans in your house get down on the floor to play with the dog?
- Is food left in a bowl for your dog to eat "at will?".
- Does your dog eat before the humans? ___
- Does your dog beg at the table? Sofa? BarBQ? ___
- Does your dog "steal" from tables, counters, small children,
- Does your dog "guard" his food dish growling or showing
teeth if you approach? ___
- Does your dog "guard" objects: bones toys, stolen
- Does your dog enjoy "chase me" games when he has something
in his mouth? ___
- Does your dog like to bring you an item to play “tug”?
- Does your dog lead you out the door? ___
- Does your dog follow you from room to room? ___
- Does your dog whine, paw at you, bump you, jump up, nip at you,
bark when he wants attention? ___
- If you ignore your dog do things get worse? ___
- Would your dog rather be patted on the chest than the head? ___
- Do you have to use a loud or dominant voice when asking your dog
to do something? ___
- Does your dog jump up on ANY humans? ___
- Is your dog ever "grumpy"? Around kids? When
disturbed while resting? When touched, etc.? ___
- Does your dog make his own decisions as to how things will be, and/or
have any unpredictable behaviors? ___
- Can you HUG your dog and put your hand in his bowl while he eats?
- When your dog is in the way, does he move as you approach? ___
- Will your dog stay in a room alone QUIETLY, with the door closed,
while you entertain company? ___
- When your dog is barking at the door, can you call ONCE from another
room and have him come? ___
on 1-19 and NO on 20-23 indicate that perhaps your relationship
with your dog could be changed in some ways
for the benefit of all! Our oldest "student dog" was
13 years old, and many are 5 and older!
REMEMBER - IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO HAVE A GOOD DOG!
Call Canine Consulting 508-948-5353
1996 JMK [submitted with permission from Jennifer Kesner]
MA 1969 (508) 948-5353